29 December 2010

Something I didn't notice before ... ?

So, I found this nifty little  button at the bottom of the Forums page.


Yes, I'm the member online. This is at the Vest a Dog forum, by the way. Intrigued, I clicked on 'Active Users'. Maybe this'll get us somewhere. Well, the only problem with that is sometimes it's just the stupid Googlebot crawling the pages over and over again. It'd be nice to get some people just looking at the site, no?

It's called Search Robot Google there, so I was momentarily confused as to what they were talking about. We all know it's Googlebot, everyone! So anyway, it wasn't Googlebot the time I posted this, it was someone on Windows XP Safari or something. They were on the Register New User part! Ooh. Interestiing. Unfortunately, a few minutes later they logged off. Without registering. This kind of frustrates me.

I dunno if this constitutes as weird, because anyone can see where you are on the site. On the other hand it's nice to know there's someone checking out this old site in the first place.What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment